Question is very simple.. Do born-blind people dream? If so, what can they see in their dreams.
Had a very interesting finding about this on Internet.
Answer to this question is also very simple...
Of course, they do dream a lot like a common man. But the only difference is, they cannot see anything in their dreams. They are just Auditory Dreams. They can just hear them. If that person is not totally blind, and has a very low measure of sight, he can dream and visualize things with that measure of sight only.
Had a very interesting finding about this on Internet.
Answer to this question is also very simple...
Of course, they do dream a lot like a common man. But the only difference is, they cannot see anything in their dreams. They are just Auditory Dreams. They can just hear them. If that person is not totally blind, and has a very low measure of sight, he can dream and visualize things with that measure of sight only.

I always keep wondering the aspects that triggers our dream.. but never thought of it before if visually impaired can dream like the rest of others...thought provoking post!
ReplyDelete@ RAHUL
ReplyDeleteSo far what i have observed, the direction of your dreams is your most recent encounters in life. Its mostly related to what you have experienced during the day. One thing I cautiously observed is that in my dream I always do what I thought I should have done during the actual incident. May be you guys can introspect and see if you feel the same!
@ Badri
good question!
Thanks Raghu...
ReplyDeleteYou are right... Just FYI, The scientific study of dreams is known as oneirology... oneiros in Greek is 'dream'..
Never thought of this... nice topic...
ReplyDeleteumm.. Christopher Nolan has some take from here.. how about Inception-2 with protagonist as an visually impaired person.. would be an interesting one.. right???
ReplyDeleteonly sounds..no visuals :-)